The Coffs Harbour Show
The first Show was held on the grounds in 1913 in the month of January. The only time there was no Show was during the 2nd World War as the Army used the grounds for training purposes.
There have been a number of large pavilions built on the grounds. The oldest still standing is the Highway Pavilion and currently is used as a Dance Studio.
Other pavilions have been pulled down and in one case, one burnt down two nights before the annual show in 1966.
Mr Norm Jordan was Secretary of the Show Society for 20 years and was helped by his wife Hazel and the Showground Trust for 48 years, retiring in 1997 when the Conference Centre was named after him. Norm Jordan and members of the Showground Trust had the insight to start a Caravan Park on a small area bounded by the Coffs Creek and the Showground and this has grown into the Harbour City Holiday Park.
Today: functions and events
A consistent management team and a schedule of works aimed at continually reinvesting in infrastructure and facilities ensure it will become the event centre of Coffs Harbour.